Skip to content
Advertisement

Lionel Richie Back on Stage After Mid-Show Health Scare

The music legend posts an update after a dizzy spell sent him to the hospital last month.

1 min read
Lionel Richie
Photo via TMZ
Developing Story

Lionel Richie is back in his groove. The music icon took to Instagram this week to share a message with fans, his first since a health scare cut a concert short and landed him in the hospital.

Richie posted performance photos from his recent Pittsburgh and Detroit concerts, telling fans he's "doing well" and thanking them for their support. He ended the post by confirming his next stop is Toronto, signaling a full return to his tour schedule.

Advertisement

The update comes after a concerning incident on June 24. During a performance at the Grand Casino Arena in St. Paul, Minnesota, Richie said he felt "dizzy" and "strange," according to TMZ. He cut the show short and was taken to a hospital for treatment. Doctors later advised him to rest, leading to the postponement of his Chicago and Columbus, Ohio tour dates.

His return to the stage in Pittsburgh on Tuesday night appears to mark the end of that brief hiatus. The Instagram post, filled with photos of a smiling Richie performing, seems designed to reassure concerned fans that the "All Night Long" hitmaker is back on his feet.

While the exact cause of the dizzy spell has not been publicly disclosed, the swift return to touring suggests it was a temporary issue. For a star of Richie's caliber, who has maintained a relentless touring pace for decades, any interruption is notable. The episode highlights the physical demands of live performance, even for legends.

Fans flooded his social media with relief and well-wishes upon seeing the update. The post effectively serves as both a thank-you note and a health bulletin, putting speculation to rest with a simple, direct message: he's doing well and the show goes on.

Advertisement

Frequently Asked Questions

What happened to Lionel Richie at his concert?

On June 24, during a show in St. Paul, Minnesota, Lionel Richie said he felt "dizzy" and "strange," cut the performance short, and was taken to the hospital.

What did Lionel Richie say about his health?

In an Instagram post, Lionel Richie told fans he is "doing well" and thanked them for their love and support.

Is Lionel Richie still on tour?

Yes. After postponing two dates, he has resumed his tour, performing in Pittsburgh and Detroit, and is headed to Toronto for his next concert.

The Screen Report Daily

Every story that matters in film and TV, each morning.

Free. Unsubscribe anytime. We'll email you to confirm.

More from The Screen Report

Advertisement